- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
There’s not long to wait for the new edition! Issue 14 is ready for the printer and on track for the launch at the end of April. It boasts an array of inspiring work from talented authors, poets and artists, along with a glowing Foreword by novelist and poet Wayne Price, and the artist’s personal inspiration for the cover image.
We are honoured to have been gifted use of an image by prize-winning artist Tom Hammick for this edition’s front cover. The cover is based on the print Violetta and Alfredo’s Escape which was inspired by the artist’s time in residence at English National Opera (ENO). Tom Hammick won the 2016 V&A Prize at the International Print Biennale and his work is on display in major public and corporate collections. Based in Southern England, he is also printing new editions at Peacock Visual Arts in Aberdeen, where he was Artist-in-Residence in 2016.
While waiting for POTB14, why not browse through previous editions of the magazine. Issues 9 – 12 can be read in full online and all are available for purchase through our online shop.
- Scottish PEN - defending the freedom of writers and readers (Ian Crockatt, 24 Mar 2017)
- Curried Kisses (E E Chandler, 14 Feb 2017)
- The Love Calculations of the Gentleman Spider (Maureen Ross, 10 Feb 2017)
- Sexy Shoes (Kate Percival, 9 Feb 2017)
- Driving Back (Robert Ramsay, 7 Feb 2017)
- Tom Hammick revealed as Front Cover artist for Issue 14
- Pre-order your copy of Issue 14 now, for despatch in first week of May
- Tickets available for the Launch of Issue 14
- POTB now available at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Issue 12 now available to read in full online.
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.