Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering your preferences, eg whether or not to display the announcement banner
- Improving the speed and security of the site
- Protecting the site from spam comments and registrations
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are also used to provide anonymised tracking data to the third party application Google Analytics. This application is used to compile anonymous visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, when they visited, what pages they looked at, how they reached the site (e.g. from a search engine), whether they have been here before, etc. This data then helps us to make improvements to our website.
Turning cookies off
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better and most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Should you prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others this can be done by modifying your browser settings to decline cookies. For instructions on how to do so, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. Disabling cookies will, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.