PUBLIC RELATIONS ROLE
Pushing Out the Boat has a new public relations role. This is a volunteer post, the main focus of which is to raise and maintain awareness of Pushing Out the Boat magazine throughout the year and to promote its sales. The following is a list of the public relations activity currently undertaken or planned. The successful candidate will be encouraged to review, refresh and add to these activities.
- Organise publicity for the calls for submissions to forthcoming issues of our magazine.
- Organise publicity for our events including the launch of new issues and the occasional reading events we hold ourselves or contribute to.
- Assist with the planning and running of our events.
- Run our social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Draft and issue media releases as required, seek opportunities for publicity in the media, and maintain our database of media contacts.
- Draft our twice-yearly newsletter to our database of supporters and friends.
- Draft and recommend an annual public relations plan for Pushing Out the Boat.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
You’ll need some understanding and experience of public relations, and you’ll probably get more out of the role if you’re interested in the arts. We’re a small friendly group based in and around Aberdeen and will help you get up to speed with our current activities and the way we do things.
E-mail email@example.com to discuss the role or express an interest in applying.