The first of a series of shows featuring Pushing Out the Boat on Aberdeen community radio station shmu FM’s arts programme is being broadcast on Thursday 18 August at 1 p.m. The first show features an interview with editor Lily Greenall and readings by host Loraine Mudie of work from the magazine, as well as music carefully chosen to relate to the theme (no sea shanties as far as we know). Further shows featuring individual authors will follow each month and we’ll post news about them here. You can access shmu FM at 99.8 FM in the Aberdeen area or through the shmu website at www.shmu.org.uk (click on ‘Listen to 99.8fm’).
- Across the Silent Sea - a new novel by POTB contributor, Gabrielle Barnby
- Listen to interviews with Pushing Out the Boat authors - WordsUp programmes broadcast on radio station shmu.fm.
- Issue 17 has been launched. Take a peek inside then order your copy.
- Oil's Well That Ends Well: read the winning entry from this youth creative writing workshop
- Dip into earlier editions - issues 9-15 can be read in full here on our website.