a visual feast across beautiful artworks and well-crafted images of language which has much to be savoured throughout.
- Seasons Greetings from us all at POTB - read our end of year Newsletter here
- Take a peek at our latest issue or dip into earlier editions which can be read in full here on our website
- POTB magazines make a great small gift - purchase at one of our local vendors or order online
- Across the Silent Sea - a new novel by POTB contributor, Gabrielle Barnby
- Listen to interviews with Pushing Out the Boat authors - WordsUp programmes broadcast on radio station shmu.fm.
… more than just another literary magazine … its 14 issues comprise an extraordinary and beautifully produced treasure house of new writing and art.
… a fantastic magazine … essential for highlighting and enriching local culture. I’m a huge fan of literary publications and the work within POTB is of such high standard.
Seafaring and mindfaring are vital to our city: more power to the elbows of those who push out this handsome vessel.
…a high quality magazine like Pushing Out the Boat encourages and enables North-East writers and artists to bring their best work to the attention of a wide and discerning audience…
I find that if you tap the covers, Pushing Out the Boat becomes a Marauders Map and Phrasebook, indispensable for sojourns in this space of sea and peak, couth and cheek…
It has expanded its horizons while maintaining the tone and savour of place which has always made it unique.
. . . a fantastic and quality showpiece for art and new literature from the North East of Scotland
Well-produced, nicely balanced… one of the most attractive magazines of its kind in Scotland, providing an important forum for new poetry and prose
. . . it continues to delight in its eclectic range of literary and visual contributions and in the care with which it is produced