Many thanks to Huntly Writers for hosting the latest of our Pop-Up events on 15th October, feauturing work from our latest edition, Issue 12. Thanks especially to guest readers from the writing group: Linda Smith, reading a very moving extract from her own story, plus pieces by others; and Maureen Ross, who read a poem by local writer Janice Keir (sadly unable to be with us on the night). Both were joined by POTB members Sheila McDerment, Martin Walsh and, last but not least, our regular Pop-Up host, Bernie Briggs. All read and performed a great mix of prose and poetry, much enjoyed by the audience – helped along by some welcome refreshments and an opportunity to socialise.
- Across the Silent Sea - a new novel by POTB contributor, Gabrielle Barnby
- Listen to interviews with Pushing Out the Boat authors - WordsUp programmes broadcast on radio station shmu.fm.
- Issue 17 has been launched. Take a peek inside then order your copy.
- Oil's Well That Ends Well: read the winning entry from this youth creative writing workshop
- Dip into earlier editions - issues 9-15 can be read in full here on our website.