- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
Issue 15 was launched at the Phoenix Hall, Newton Dee Village on Sunday 7 April. A huge thank you to all who submitted to Issue 15 and to the team of volunteers who helped to make the magazine such a success. The number and standard of entries was the highest ever, resulting in what we believe to be our best magazine to date. If you submitted an entry but were unsuccessful, don’t be discouraged, the competition was fierce and we had to reject some very good work. Do try again next time round.
You can read about POTB, and how we work, on the About POTB page. Our latest edition, POTB Issue 15, boasts an array of inspiring work by talented authors, poets and artists, from home and abroad, the first-time published beside old hands. You will find within its pages humour, pathos and drama in Doric, Scots and English, along with stimulating works of art. This Issue’s Foreword is by the award-winning Hebridean writer, artist and poet Ian Stephen; while the eye-catching cover is based on an image by Colin Brown, whose work, coincidently, was also selected for the cover of POTB Issue 1.
Click on the image below to take a peek.
After looking at Issue 15, why not browse through other editions of the magazine. Online versions of Issues 9 – 13 can be read in full and sample extracts from Issues 6 – 8 offer a flavour of earlier editions. Then visit our online shop where all editions of the magazine are available for purchase.
- Launch of Pushing Out the Boat Issue 15 (Martin Walsh, 29 Apr 2019)
- A Seasonal Bouquet from Pushing Out the Boat (Roger White, 19 Nov 2018)
- Editing POTB: a peek behind the scenes (Roger White, 1 Aug 2018)
- Pushing Out the Boat Reading Event at Books and Beans (Roger White, 2 May 2018)
- Gallery of Young Artists' Work (POTB, 13 Feb 2018)
- POTB will be at University May Festival Sunday 26 May
- Boat-load of talented writers – P&J covers Issue 15 launch
- Launch Photo Gallery
- Issue 15 launched
- POTB Winter Newsletter
- Issue 13 now available to read online
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.