- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
Issue 14 is here. Launched on the 30th April, our latest edition has been described as a ‘beautifully produced treasure house of new writing and art’. It boasts an array of inspiring work from talented authors, poets and artists, introduced by a glowing Foreword by novelist and poet Wayne Price and artist Tom Hammick’s personal inspiration for the image on which the eye-catching cover is based.
Click on the image below to take a peek.
We are honoured to have been gifted use of an image by prize-winning artist Tom Hammick for this edition’s front cover. The cover is based on the print Violetta and Alfredo’s Escape which was inspired by the artist’s time in residence at English National Opera (ENO). Tom Hammick won the 2016 V&A Prize at the International Print Biennale and his work is on display in major public and corporate collections. Based in Southern England, he is also printing new editions at Peacock Visual Arts in Aberdeen, where he was Artist-in-Residence in 2016.
After looking at Issue 14, why not browse through other editions of the magazine. Read extracts from our previous edition, Issue 13, and dip into the full online versions of Issues 9 – 12. Then visit our online shop where all editions of the magazine are available for purchase.
- Hannah Kunzlik: I rewrote Matilda at the age of six (POTB, 9 Jan 2018)
- Donnie Ross: Perceiving things differently (POTB, 14 Oct 2017)
- An interview with Sheena Blackhall (POTB, 1 Sep 2017)
- An interview with Stephen Pacitti (POTB, 15 Aug 2017)
- An Interview with Heather Reid (POTB, 19 Jul 2017)
- Christmas Greetings from Pushing Out the Boat
- ePOTB Submissions are now closed
- Issue 14 Launch photos
- POTB now available at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.