- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
The closing date is 30 September but early submissions are greatly appreciated. The Pushing Out the Boat team look forward to receiving your entries and we wish you good luck!
You can read about POTB, and how we work, on the About POTB page. Our current edition, POTB Issue 14, has been described as a ‘beautifully produced treasure house of new writing and art’. It boasts an array of inspiring work from talented authors, poets and artists, introduced by a glowing Foreword by novelist and poet Wayne Price and artist Tom Hammick’s personal inspiration for the image on which the eye-catching cover is based.
Click on the image below to take a peek.
After looking at Issue 14, why not browse through other editions of the magazine. Online versions of Issues 9 – 13 can be read in full and sample extracts from Issues 6 – 8 offer a flavour of earlier editions. Then visit our online shop where all editions of the magazine are available for purchase.
- Pushing Out the Boat Reading Event at Books and Beans (Roger White, 2 May 2018)
- Gallery of Young Artists' Work (POTB, 13 Feb 2018)
- Hannah Kunzlik: I rewrote Matilda at the age of six (POTB, 9 Jan 2018)
- Donnie Ross: Perceiving things differently (POTB, 14 Oct 2017)
- An interview with Sheena Blackhall (POTB, 1 Sep 2017)
- Call for submissions to Issue 15 is now open
- Issue 13 now available to read online
- Issue 14 Launch photos
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.