Pushing Out the Boat Submissions
Pushing Out the Boat, North-East Scotland’s acclaimed magazine of prose, poetry and visual arts, is published biennially. Submissions open in the summer of one year for publication the following year. The current edition, Issue 16, was published in April 2021. The next edition, Issue 17, is scheduled for publication in Spring 2023.
Submissions to POTB are Closed at the moment
Submissions to Issue 17 were open 1 July – 30 September 2022 and are now closed. The work of selecting contributions and editing the magazine is ongoing with the aim of publication in Spring 2023. Further information for those who submitted can be found here.
For reference, links to the submission procedures and instructions for the last issue are included below but please note that details may change for the next issue.
- Call for submissions to Issue 17
- Submission Instructions for Issue 17
- Hints and Tips for submitting work to Pushing Out the Boat
Privacy, Reproduction & Copyright
- Access to submissions will be restricted to the selection and editorial team of Pushing Out the Boat.
- No use will be made of those submissions not selected for publication.
- Items, or extracts from items, published in our magazines may also be reproduced on the Pushing Out the Boat web site and in other POTB publicity.
- Copyright: Contents of the magazine may not be used or reproduced without crediting POTB and the author or artist. Any commercial re-use or reproduction of a contribution requires prior permission from the editor’s representative and the particular contributor.